In a major turn of events, Do Kwon, the founder of Terraform Labs, has avoided extradition to the United States after the Montenegro government overturned its previous decision.
Appellate Court Overturns Extradition Ruling
- The Montenegrin Court of Appeal accepted Kwon’s defense attorneys’ appeal, annulling the previous extradition decision made by the High Court in Podgorica.
- The court found significant violations of criminal procedure in the decision, citing incomprehensible wording, lack of decisive facts, and unclear reasons.
Do Kwon’s Journey Through Montenegro’s Legal System
- Kwon was initially arrested in Montenegro on charges of using a fake passport but was released on bail in May.
- In June, a Montenegro court found him guilty of document forgery and sentenced him to four months in prison.
- Kwon’s appeal was denied, and he began serving his sentence in November.
Latest Decision Blocks Extradition to the United States
- The Montenegrin Court of Appeal’s decision effectively blocks Kwon’s extradition to the United States.
- The case will now undergo retrial, and the outcome will determine the future course of action regarding the charges against him.
LUNC Token Sees Upward Trend
- The original native token LUNCA, now renamed LUNCA Classic (LUNC), has experienced a gain of over 2% in the past 24 hours and a significant upward trend of 18% over the past fourteen days.