Kraken, a US-based crypto exchange, has obtained VASP (Virtual Asset Service Provider) registration from the Dutch Central Bank (DCB). This allows Kraken to offer its services in the Netherlands, Europe’s fifth-largest economy.
The Netherlands: A Key Market for Kraken’s European Growth Strategy
- The Netherlands has one of the highest rates of fintech and crypto adoption in the EU.
- Around 20% of Dutch citizens own crypto.
- Kraken sees the Netherlands as a strategically important market for its European growth strategy.
Kraken’s Competitive Offering
- Kraken offers a wide range of products and services to both retail and professional traders.
- The exchange is known for its competitive fees and user-friendly platform.
- Kraken is a top choice for investors looking to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
- Brian Gahan, the managing editor of Kraken’s European branch, said: “With the addition of the Dutch VASP registration, our European growth strategy continues to accelerate. We see a lot of opportunity to introduce our offering to both retail clients and professional traders in the Netherlands and across Europe.”
Kraken’s expansion into the Netherlands is a significant step in the company’s European growth strategy. The Netherlands is a key market for crypto adoption, and Kraken is well-positioned to capitalize on this opportunity.